Frequently Asked Questions
About the IYF
How can I register for IYF 2023?
Click here to register for IYF 2023!. Eventbrite is the ONLY way to purchase tickets for Parmarth Niketan’s International Yoga Festival 2023. Our official correspondence is only through email@example.com.
Where is IYF held?
The International Yoga Festival is held at Parmarth Niketan Ashram in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India. To learn more about Parmarth and how to get there, click here. Please note: IYF’s venue is ONLY at Parmarth Niketan, not at any other locations throughout Rishikesh.
Will I need to show proof of a negative COVID test??
Anything COVID related will be updated closer to the event.
What styles of yoga will be taught at IYF?
Every year we have more than 70+ hours of yoga classes, taught by renowned teachers from around the world practicing multiple styles of Yoga including Kundalini Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Iyengar Yoga and Hatha Yoga. To see the full list of IYF 2023’s presenters, click here.
When will the schedule be released?
While we would love all teachers to be with us for all 7 days, regrettably many can’t. We’re sure you can appreciate that with the large number of teachers, classes and days that we need to coordinate, it isn’t always possible to confirm an exact date when a schedule will be released, however, it will be shortly before the Festival opens. Our website will be updated periodically with confirmed presenters, spiritual leaders and performers. There are great ways to get notified of latest updates on IYF 2023: “Like” our Facebook page, and sign up for our newsletter via our website.
List of presenters and schedule is subject to change at short notice.
Do I need to attend every class?
While we encourage you to participate fully in the Festival, attendance is optional.
What is included with my ticket?
How do I become a country ambassador?
Will there be any opportunities for participants to perform?
About the Ashram
What are my transport options getting to the event?
The Ashram is a 45 minute taxi ride from Dehradun Airport and 1 hour from Haridwar Junction Station. There are plenty of taxis available at both locations. We have received the following rates from a local taxi firm based in Rishikesh–meant to serve as a guide:
Haridwar Junction to Parmarth Niketan (or return) – Rs 1200 – small 4 passenger car/Inova – 1600 Dehradun Airport to Parmarth Niketan (or return) – Rs 1200 – small 4 passenger car/Inova – 1600 Delhi to Parmarth Niketan (or return) – Rs 4000 – small 4 passenger car/Inova – 6000.
For those who wish to go sightseeing during their stay, here are the rates for a local taxi booking:
Parmarth Niketan to Neelkanth Temple (including return) – Rs 1800. Parmarth Niketan to Kunjapuri Temple (including return) – Rs 1600. Parmarth Niketan to Vashistha Cave (including return) – Rs 1600. Parmarth Niketan to Mussoorie (or return) – Rs 2500.
What is included with my accommodation booking?
Accommodation will most likely be a single room unless a specific person is known to you and is provided from 2pm on March 7 until 12pm on March 15. The Ashram will provide you with mattresses, pillows, pillow covers, sheets, blankets, and towels. We also have a laundry service available at a minimum fee. We ask that you bring your personal toiletries and in an effort to keep the environment clean, please be mindful that your products be as environmentally sound as possible.
Can I have a single/private room?
Do the rooms have hot water?
Do I need to bring my own yoga mat?
Where can I eat & what are the dietary options?
Are there guidelines on what to wear in an ashram?
Are there laundry facilities?
Where can I receive medical attention?
Are there safety precautions I should take?
How can I meet with Pujya Swamiji for darshan/blessings and/or the havan (fire) ceremony before Aarti?
About Registering for IYF
What are the visa requirements?
Please be sure that you have a valid visa for India. Their requirements have changed recently and so be sure to check the Indian Embassy website for your country to ensure that you have the most updated visa information and visa.
What is included with my ticket?
All registrants can access 12+ hours of programming a day for the 7 days of this year’s IYF.
Can I purchase tickets for a specific day?
Our Day Passes give access to 1 specific day of IYF 2023, which includes all classes, workshops, lectures, and performances from Mar 8 – Mar 14, including our Opening & Closing Ceremonies, along with the meals. The number of Day Passes may be impacted dependent on worldwide health conditions.
Are there discounts for group bookings?
Yes! Discounts of 10% off all full week passes are available for groups of 20 or more (the discount is reflected on the prices online).
Are there discounts for Indian Citizens?
Yes! We offer a significantly reduced pass for Indian resident citizens (ID required). For the Indian citizen week pass, accommodations are included.
Can I stay at the ashram before the festival / after the festival?
Can I change details on my booking?
Can I purchase passes at the door?
I have received a higher charge on my card than expected.
International transaction fees may apply. Please check with your banking institution.
I am getting an error when inputting my card details.
Some credit cards/banks won’t allow transactions in a different currency. Many times this is an effort for the banking institution to prevent fraud, or simply because it costs a lot to do it. Please check with your bank to be sure you’re able to make international transactions with your card.
How can I donate to the ashram?
You can make an additional donation to the Ashram when booking your IYF pass. If you wish to make donations when at the Ashram, please only do so at the Main Reception desk. Also, make sure to receive your receipt (even if you don’t require it). Please do not tip anyone, as this is against the Ashram Policy.
Where can I give feedback for future International Yoga Festivals?
We will be giving out Feedback Forms following the festival. Please keep your mind open to improvement, and fill them in.
– No refunds are possible for cash, cheque, bank transfers or money orders.
– Refunds can only be granted for online donations by credit card under the following schedule:
– Before January 1, 2023: donations are fully refundable, minus a $75 processing fee per person;
– From January 1, 2023: 50% of full donation, per person, is refundable.
– From February 8, 2023: NO refunds are possible.
– You can also transfer your ticket to another person, at no charge, before February 8, 2023. Ticket transfers are not possible after this date.
Transfer requests should be made in writing by the original purchaser to firstname.lastname@example.org with full details of the person who the ticket is being transferred to.
Terms and Conditions
– All fees are per person / per registration.
– We cannot modify / discount residential packages for partial stay or participation for any reason.
– Accommodation and meals before and after the festival are additional.
– There is no guarantee of room type / preference at any point, however we will do our best to accommodate all requests.
– By purchasing your IYF ticket and collecting your wristband from our Registration Desk, you accept the following Terms & Conditions:
– Parmarth Niketan and it’s representatives shall be not held liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may be occasioned for any reason by guests attending IYF, including but not limited to: death, personal injury, illness, delay or cancellation of scheduled performances and loss of or damage to personal property.
– Your wristband must be worn to gain entry & re-entry to venues and performances. Any wristbands removed or damaged will be consider null and void and will not be replaced. Parmarth Niketan has the right to prohibit anyone without a wristband from gaining access to any of the festival venues.
– All participants grant the International Yoga Festival & Parmarth Niketan the rights to utilise the participant’s image, likeness, actions and statements in any live or recorded audio, video, film, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction made of, or at, the Event in any medium or context for any purpose, including commercial or promotional purposes, without further authorisation or compensation.